Are you considering building a room addition to add value and space to your home? If so, you probably have some ideas in mind, but are still looking for the best options for your home. To help you, we've gathered the top 5 room addition ideas for the Virginia area. Take a look and think about which of these options would serve the needs of your family and mesh with your home's current layout.
Top 5 Virginia Home Addition Ideas
- Garage Additions: Garage additions are a valuable investment for your home, and can come in all kinds of styles and sizes. If you want to protect your vehicles (and yourself!) from the elements, a garage addition makes sense. You may simply want a space for your vehicle, or you could be looking to add living space in addition garage space. However, adding a garage must be done correctly to avoid toxic fumes entering into your home, so choosing an experienced garage addition contractor is important.
- In-Law Apartment Additions: If you'd like to have more space for visiting guests and relatives, a customized in-law apartment can give you and your guests space and privacy. With the number of multigenerational households increasing nationwide, an in-law apartment can also be a great way to accommodate live-in family members. This type of addition can provide a space for a relative to live, or for guest to stay without disturbing the privacy and independence of all involved. In-law apartments come in many different layouts, but they typically have a private full bathroom and a door that separates them from the rest of the home. If the living situation is long-term, it should also have a separate entrance and kitchen.
- Master Suite Additions: Your bedroom is the first space you see in the morning and the last you see at night. When you design your master suite project, it should be filled with the details that reflect your personality, and surround you with beautiful and functional forms, comfortable lighting, natural materials, and of course, serve the people and things that you love. It is a place that allows you to express yourself and escape from the world around you.
- Screened Porches and Sunroom Additions: Screened in porche and sunrooms create a wonderful transition to the great outdoors in your Virginia home. Screened in porches offer a classic look and deliver the convenience of covered outdoor living space to your existing home. Likewise, Sunroom combine the bright, breezy feel of an outdoor space with the comfort of indoor living. Choosing one or the other depends on whether you want a year-round living space or a 3 seasons place to enjoy.
- Great Room Additions: If you’re a fan of large wide-open living spaces, a great room may be just the home addition you need! Great rooms typically include large vaulted ceilings and wide open areas. Most great room designs are centrally located within the home and act as the focal point of the home. If you'd like to open up your home and impress guests with an expansive entrance way, a great room addition can do the trick.
Looking for the Right Room Addition Contractor? Contact Tidewater for a FREE Consultation
At Tidewater Custom Homes and Remodeling, we can help you maximize your home addition investment by selecting the right materials, details, and features to create an exciting new space that fits seamlessly with your existing home’s look and design. We’ll discuss your vision, our process, answer questions, and address any concerns in an initial consultation, which is free of charge and carries no obligation.
When your next remodeling project or custom home in Virginia absolutely has to be done right, call Tidewater. We provide quality additions, remodeling services, and custom homes with minimal interruption to your everyday life. Our work is efficient, clean, and GUARANTEED for 5 Years!