Roofing Contractor and Roof Replacement in Hampton, VA
Does Your Roof Need Some TLC in Hampton, VA?
Tidewater Custom Homes and Remodeling Offers Roof Installation and Repair Throughout Virginia
At Tidewater Custom Homes and Remodeling, we don't take roofing issues in Hampton, Va lightly. Weather here can get extreme, from hurricanes, to scorching sunshine, to icy cold snaps. We understand that your roof is essential to your home’s protection and comfort, and that damage can be costly.
Hampton traces its history to 1607. The city's Old Point Comfort, home of Fort Monroe for almost 400 years, was named by the voyagers of 1607 led by Captain Christopher Newport on the mission which first established Jamestown as a British colony.
However, this doesn't mean you should literally soak in the history of your home's ancient roof!
If you let your roof go, the rest of your home could be in jeopardy. To make sure this doesn't happen, use the following list to do a personal assessment of your roof. If you suspect any wear or damage, you may want to have a roofing contractor take a look as well.
Do You Need a New Roof In Hampton? Here are 10 ways to Tell:
- Interior: Places where the roof deck is sagging
- Interior: Signs of water damage or leaking
- Interior: Dark spots and trails
- Interior: Outside light showing through the roof.
- Visually inspect your roof for cracked, torn, bald or missing shingles.
- Scan the roof for loose material or wear around chimneys, vents, pipes or other penetrations.
- Watch out for an excessive amount of shingle granules (they look like large grains of sand) in the gutters -- this is a sign of advanced wear.
- Check for signs of moisture, rot or mold. Note that wet spots may not be directly under your faulty shingle; water can travel down to its lowest spot before it drips. Mold, fungi and bacteria can grow quickly -- within 24 to 48 hours of a water-related problem.
- Examine the drainage, and make sure gutters and downspouts are securely attached. Also ensure all drains are open and allow water to exit, and all gutters and downspouts are free of debris.
- Check that all bath, kitchen and dryer vents go entirely outside of your home, not just into the attic space.
We pride ourselves on our craftsmanship and trustworthiness. To prove it, we back up everything we do with a 5 Year Workmanship Guarantee. This means that if we didn't get it right the 1st time, we make it right!
Review of Tidewater Custom Homes and Remodeling by a Hampton, VA Customer
"Matt McQuillen and Tidewater Custom Homes and Remodeling performed all the work in a professional, competent, and timely manner, and was priced competitively. I would certainly recommend Matt/Tidewater Custom Homes and Remodeling to others."
Mike Loveland, Hampton
Is Your Roof Showing Signs of Wear? We Can Help!
Tidewater Custom Homes and Remodeling is a full-service remodeling company, serving both residential and commercial customers in the Hampton, Virginia area. Contact us today and get an initial free roof replacement consultation and FREE Roof Replacement Estimate.